From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:01:05 -0500
Subject:  The charter edition of LiDAR Magazine is now available!
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:22:01 -0700
From: Artur Gil <[log in to unmask]>

        * The charter edition of LiDAR Magazine is now available!
View your digital copy here -  http://tinyurl.com/5stgulx

Back in 1999, we wrote our first article on the Cyrax laser scanner. At the
time, the field to office ratio (from raw scan to deliverable) was 40:1.
That's
40 hours of processing for every hour in the field. This ratio is now
approaching one to one. Prices are falling, too; some scanners are less
than
$50,000 USD. Long story short, there's more opportunity than ever
before. The
way we map and visualize our world is changing—the 3D Revolution is upon us.

LiDAR, short for Light Detection And Ranging, is the core technology behind
laser scanning. Our goal is to bring you the latest and greatest
insights into
all things LiDAR, from close-range metrology to large-scale aerial
projects. The
magazine is iPad, tablet & browser compatible. You can also access
individual
PDF files.

Our first edition covers topics as varied as:
*Laser Scanning, Orthophotos & BIM
*ASTM E57 Data Exchange Standard
*Reflections on Scanning a Coast
*Mobile Mapping in South America
*Automated Feature Extraction
*Introduction from Editor Gene Roe & more...

Enjoy, and don't hesitate to let us know what you think!

Allen Cheves
Publisher & Co-Founder
Spatial Media & LiDAR Magazine
--0-262181957-1309303321=7981