Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:21:49 -0600
Subject:        Hungarian map identified and now up for grabs
Date:   Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:07:38 -0600
From:   McInroy, Mary R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you to those who helped identify a map of Hungarian rural areas
that turned up in our to-be-cataloged pile. I now feel sure our map
(“One folded map inserted.”) came from the following book (cataloging
information courtesy of Jovanka Ristic at the American Geographical
Society Library), but my next question is—would anyone like this map? We
do not own the book below and without the book, the map is not useful at
all. Who knows how we got it, without the book even….

*Database:*

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Libraries

*Primary Author(s):*

Beluszky, Paìl.
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=Beluszky,+Pa%CC%81l.>

*Title:*

Typology of rural settlements in Hungary : settlement morphological
processes in the rural areas of the country : an abstract of the book
Magyarorszaìg falutipusai / Paìl Beluszky, Tamaìs T. Sikos ; translated
by D. Loìczy.

*Publication:*

Budapest : Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Geographical Research
Institute, 1983.

Text (Book, Microform, Electronic, etc.)

34 p. : ill., col. map ; 24 cm.

* Series:*

Geographical abstracts from Hungary, no. 26

*Notes:*

Abstract of Magyarorszaìg falutiìpusai.

One folded map inserted.

Bibliography: p. 33-34.

*Subjects:*

Land use, Rural --Hungary.
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=Land+use,+Rural+Hungary.>

Land settlement --Hungary.
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=Land+settlement+Hungary.>

Villages --Hungary.
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=Villages+Hungary.>

*Additional Author(s):*

Sikos, T. Tamaìs.
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=Sikos,+T.+Tama%CC%81s.>

Beluszky, Paìl. Magyarorszaìg falutiìpusai.
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=Beluszky,+Pa%CC%81l.>

*Database:*

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Libraries

*Location:*

Stacks (Floor Key: A-L,P 3rd / M-N,Q-R 2nd / S-Z Lower)

*Call Number:*

HD640.5 Z7 B45 1983
<https://millib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=CallNumber&SEQ=20061120091322&PID=12801&SA=HD640.5+Z7+B45+1983>

*Status:*

Not Checked Out

Map is entitled, "Magyarorszag falusi telepuleseinek tipusai = Types of
rural settlements in Hungary" edited by Beluszky, P. & Sikos, T.T. At
the lower left of the map, it says, "Magyar Tudomanyos Akademia,
Foldrajztudomanyi Kutato Intezet, Felelos kiado: Pecsi Marton, Keszult
az Intezet hazi sokszorositojan, 1982."

If you would like the map for your collection, please let me know, and
I’ll send it out to you.

Mary McInroy
Reference & Library Instruction/ Map Collection
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
(319)335-6247

FAX: (319)335-5900