From:
Dale Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 17:28:40 EST
Eugene (Gene) Trobia has been appointed as Arizona's state cartographer
effective 1 April, according to an announcement made at yesterday's (7 March)
Arizona Geographic Information Council meeting.  Gene was director of Pima
County's EGIS Department.  EGIS' responsibilities have since been
transferred to the county's Technical Services Division.  For the
last two years, Gene has been managing the county's Information Services
Division.  He has also been AGIC's president this year.

AGIC (and its predecessor, AzMAC) have worked for a long time to get this
position created and filled.  It is gratifying to see the position finally
filled.

Dale Steele
Arizona Dept. of Library, Archives      "My object in living is to unite
1700 W. Washington                       My avocation with my vocation
Phoenix, AZ   85007                      As my two eyes make one in sight."
(602) 542-3701                                      -Robert Frost