From:
Margaret Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 16:42:43 EDT
Sue,
We have the volumes pertaining to northeastern U.S. here at
Clark, and find them very useful for patrons involved in
local history. Since they provide detailed drawings of the
boundaries (I'm looking at the NH-VT volume right now and
it looks like about 10 mi. to the inch), they are particularly
good for tracing the shifting county affiliations of small
towns and villages. People have found this useful for figuring
out under which county commissioners office to find town
records. The series also makes confusing boundary disputes
easier to understand. I would definitely recommend them.

Margaret Pearce
Clark University Map Library