From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:32:11 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:43:54 -0600
From: Stroeve <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Chicago Map Society Meeting - 18 Nov
Sender: Stroeve <[log in to unmask]>

DATE:     Thursday November 18th, 1999
TIME:     5:30 - 6:00  social half-hour
          6:00 - 7:00  presentation
PLACE:    The Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton Street,
          Chicago, Illinois 60610-3305.
          Tel: 312-255-3554.  FAX: 312-255-3513.
PROGRAM:  John Karnuth and Larry Hanson, City of Chicago,
          Dept. of Planning and Development,
          "Planning for Chicago's Next Millennium with GIS."

Anyone who pays the least attention to the built environment of
Chicago knows that the city planners have been working overtime.
Every time you turn around, there's a new, ambitious public works
project, including one right outside the Newberry in Washington
Square Park.  An important ingredient in all this activity is
the sophisticated GIS system that the city employs.  This month,
in recognition of National GIS Day, we will get a guided tour
of the City's GIS system from two of the people who make it
work.  Please join us at the usual time and place for an evening
of refreshments, conversation, and a stimulating presentation.

For December, we've got Anna Friedman on the 16th (this program
will be at the Adler Planetarium, in what is apparently a
splendid new and much-sought-after space)

for further details, please contact
Robert W. Karrow, Jr., Curator of Special Collections and
Curator of Maps, Roger & Julie Baskes Department of Special
Collections, The Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton Street,
Chicago, Illinois 60610-3305.  Tel: 312-255-3554.
FAX: 312-255-3513.  E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Our Web Page, including catalog of holdings cataloged since
1978:    http://www.newberry.org
--- End Forwarded Message ---