From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:48:49 -0500
Subject:        Giveaways from UF - Please request your state!
Date:   Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:13:01 -0400
From:   Mcauliffe,Carol P <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     Herniman,Kenneth A <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Maps-L,

At the University of Florida we are undergoing the large project of
cataloging and weeding our uncataloged book/booklet collection.    As a
Regional Depository we are keeping all federally produced documents as
well as Florida, Southeast, and international matierals.   However, we
do have a large amount of materials produced by various state
agencies and groups from around the U.S.  Many of these are geologic
atlases series or map and chart series which will also include the maps
associated with them.   We are looking to send the all of our withdrawn
materials for each state to one institution in that state so that we can
move through these materials quickly and efficiently.

If you are interested in receiving the materials for your state or are
interested to find out the approximate amount of material that you would
be receiving, please email our map library assistant Kenny Herniman at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  We will be
processing the requests on a first come, first serve basis.

Thank you very much for your attention to this and we look forward to
hearing from you!

~Carol McAuliffe

Carol McAuliffe*,* Map Librarian
Map and Imagery Library, Spatial Information Services Unit
Government Documents Department
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
(352) 273-2828 _
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>_