From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:05:21 -0600
Subject:        Re: Literary descriptions of cartomania?
Date:   Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:47:35 -0800
From:   Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]
CC:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

I'd definitely recommend Barry Lopez's short story "The Mappist."  It
was also released as an artist's book, but I haven't seen it (anyone
want to ILL me a copy?).  It's one of my all-time favorite short stories.

I suspect there may be additional fodder in the Lopez-edited "Home
Ground: Language for an American Landscape" which provides definitions
for American landscape terms such as lava blister and zigzag rocks
written by literary authors.

-Jon Jablonski
 CartoReadersAdvisory, University of Oregon.