From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Hickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:45:54 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:12:55 -0500
From: Charles Hickman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: re: Question [about scanning 800 topos]
Sender: Charles Hickman <[log in to unmask]>

Linda,

I wonder if they realize that all the topo maps have already been scanned and
are available at low or no cost.  Information about scanned versions of USGS
topographic maps, called Digital Raster Graphics or DRG's, is at
   http://mcmcweb.er.usgs.gov/drg/

Some states such as Vermont make them available online as noted at
   http://mcmcweb.er.usgs.gov/drg/avail.html
   or
   http://www.gpsy.com/maps/
For New Hampshire they might also try the GRANIT Net site at
   http://nhresnet.sr.unh.edu/granit/overview.html

There is a DRG exchange (trade or purchase) at
   http://www.pipeline.com/~jcsi-maps/drgs
with New Hampshire coverage at
   http://www.pipeline.com/~jcsi-maps/drgs/Page_5x.html

Some commercial scanned topo sites (including Delorme) are -
   http://www.delorme.com
   http://www.trailsillustrated.com
   http://www.landinfo.com
   http://www.maptech.com
   http://www.topo.com
   http://www.esri.com/data/online/hti/
This is not an endorsement of any of these products.

        Hope this helps ... Charley

>>> Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]> 06/10 10:59 AM >>>
--- Begin Forwarded Message ¯