From:
Susan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 14:29:36 EDT
I have a patron needing a location for Allemangel (sp?) during the 1750s.
It hs been variously reported as 1) Albany Township, 2) the town of
Albany, in Berks County, and 3) the town of Lynn, in Lehigh County.

I suppose Albany could be in Albany Township - but surely not in two
different counties ...  unless it was on the border or the name changed.

If anyone has an old map that would pinpoint Allemangel, I would
appreciate hearing form them.  And if it still exists, I would like
to know what the present day name is.

Thanks much.

   Susan