From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:05:39 EDT
This message is from Arlene Olivero.-------------------------Johnnie

>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:30:57 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Arlene Olivero <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Bounding-boxe coordinates for Earth ocean features

You might try looking at the data available on the "Global Relief Data CD"
published in 1993 by the National Geophysical Data Center.  This CD
includes data such as gridded global bathymetry, digitized coastlines,
gridded oceanographic gravity anomalies, and an ocean floor gazetteer
from the International Hydrographic Organization and U.S. Bureau of
Geographic Names.  There are probably many other sources of this sea
floor/ocean feature data, but I attached a copy of the Global Relief Data
CD readme.txt file if you're interested in learning more about it.
Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Arlene Olivero
Harvard Map Collection.