From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:20:11 -0600
Subject:        Problems downloading and displaying DRG file in ArcGIS
Date:   Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:04:03 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone:

I’m helping a graduate student from the Tree Ring Lab here at the UA
download and view a DRG file in ArcGIS. I’ve never had problems doing
this before, so I’m stymied about what’s going on. She wants to use the
7.5’ DRG for Blanco Mtn in California. I originally found the Libre Map
Project site at http://libremap.org/data/state/california/drg/ and we
downloaded the .tif and .tfw files for Blanco Mtn but they won’t load in
ArcMap, although the files are there in the directory. Then I found the
California Atlas geospatial data download site for DRGs at
http://atlas.ca.gov/imagerySearch.html . We downloaded the tif and the
aux files, but again when we try to open them up in ArcGIS, nothing
shows up in the directory (although the files are there). Is anyone
familiar with downloading DRG files from either one of these sites and
have any idea on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Kollen