Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:22:33 -0500
Subject:        CARTO 2007
Date:   Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:56:05 -0400
From:   Colleen Beard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     maps-l

Hello Everyone,

CARTO 2007 Preliminary program is now available on the ACMLA web site.

http://www.ssc.uwo.ca/assoc/acml/McGill/preliminary.pdf

Thanks to the Conference Committee (Program and Local arrangements),
CARTO is offering some excellent content. Sorry for delay, but good
things take time to prepare!!

Two pre-conference workshops are being offered:

The Metadata Workshop is being prepared by the Bibliographic Control
Committee that will involve working with NRCan’s Discovery Portal
template for the creation of metadata;

and, a FME hands-on training workshop will be instructed by Safe
Software using Professional Suite for translating spatial data formats.

Each workshop is being offered for the small price of $25.

Although the program is not entirely confirmed, we are pleased so far
with the content being offered this year. Notice that a joint day with
CAPDU is being organized for the Sunday. We anticipate Stats Can will be
in attendance to provide an update on the 2006 Census.

The REGISTRATION form is available at:
http://www.ssc.uwo.ca/assoc/acml/McGill/registration.html

Please visit the ACMLA website for more details on accommodations and
Rosa’s Top 5 Sites!

On behalf of the Conference Committee, see you Montreal!

Colleen Beard

ACMLA 2^nd VP