From:
"A. Cope" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:12:02 -0500
Subject:        Academic/Research Librarians with Subject Doctorates Survey
Date:   Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:18:19 -0400
From:   Todd Gilman <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Dear Angie (if I may),

Would you please post this to MAP-L for me? I'm not a member but would
value map librarians' input.

Many thanks.
Todd Gilman

with apologies for cross-posting

Dear MAPs-L Colleague,

If you are a librarian who currently works in an academic/research
library and holds a doctorate in a discipline other than LIS, we would
like to invite you to participate in a short online survey. The purpose
of this survey is to learn about doctorate holdersÂ’ paths into
librarianship, experiences in the workplace, and views about
librarianship as a career. We plan to incorporate the survey findings
into an article for publication.

The online survey should take about 15 minutes to complete. To
participate in the study please visit:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=97422531951

Individual survey results are anonymous and will be kept completely
confidential. The study has fulfilled the requirements for conducting
human-subject research.

The survey will be available through *Wednesday, September 20, 2006*.
Please feel free to forward the survey URL to colleagues--especially
Canadian colleagues--you think might be interested in participating.

Thank you for your time and consideration! If you have any questions
about the survey, please contact Todd Gilman, [log in to unmask], or
Thea Lindquist, [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Todd Gilman, PhD, Librarian for Literature in English, Yale University
Library &
Thea Lindquist, PhD, History and Germanic Language and Literature
Librarian, University of Colorado at Boulder Libraries