From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Buelow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 15:28:04 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
>Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 19:25:42
>From: John Buelow <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: dating paper, fabric, mylar-type drawing material

I would be very grateful to receive any citations which would assist me in
dating manuscript maps of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century by the
material on which they were drawn, whether paper, cloth or a modern
compound material.  For cataloging purposes, I need to be able to cite
references saying, for example, that printed grid paper was not
manufactured before such and such a date.  I have at present no expertise
in this area and want to get quickly up to speed.

John Buelow
New York Historical Society

--- End Forwarded Message ---