From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:20:10 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Question: Moving Map Cases
Date: Tues 14 Jun 2005
From: Carol Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
To: maps -l

Hi all,

Quite a few years ago I think I remember seeing some advice about
moving map cases.  Of course, now that we are about to move, I can't
find these pieces of wisdom.  I vaguely remember someone'e advice
being that the drawers themselves should be emptied, the drawers
should be removed from the cases, and that everything be put
back exactly as it was.  Any advice from those who have moved? Is
emptying the drawers necessary?

FYI, We stack our flat map cases  3 5-drawer units high,  most of
them  measure about 54x42,  we have 31 of this type of case, and most
of our drawers are VERY full.

any insight into this process will be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Carol
Carol D. Doyle
Head, Government Publications and Maps
California State University, Fresno