From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:30:50 -0600
Subject: Re: Death by GPS
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:28:02 -0800
From: Mark Walker <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

There are lots of GPS devices (not receivers) that can send out a
signal. Many are made just for tracking vehicles, cargo, etc.. They need
power to transmit the signal which is usually done via a cell phone like
device. Position of asset is noted and viewable on a PC in many cases.

Regards,
--
Mark S. Walker
World Map Source