From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 17:13:47 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 06:29:33 -0700
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Testing potential GIS printers
Sender: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

One way that you might want to try testing a GIS printer is to visit
your local Kinko's or equivalent.  All of the Kinko's around here and
several I wound up visiting up north now have large format printers at
300 dpi or more.

Typically, they can print on glossy or matte paper (probably also on
paper supplied by you if you have a particular requirement such as
vellum) and charge by the square foot (1/2 price for your first copy if
you have a coupon).  The ones I have seen so far are in the HP 2500
series.

If you're not familiar with Kinko's, you can visit their web site to
find the one nearest you:

http://www.kinkos.com

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766