Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:36:18 -0500
Forwarded from CARTA-L
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Upper Canada Map Society Fall Meetings
Date:   Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:48:12 -0400
From:   Marcel Fortin <[log in to unmask]>

On behalf of Megan Webster:

Upper Canada Map Society Fall Schedule

Our next meeting will be on *Wednesday September 19th* at 6.00 p.m. at
the University of Toronto Robarts Library,

Room 4049, 130 St. George Street, Toronto.

The guest speaker will be PHD candidate Lauren Beck who will be speaking on

*"Map Signs as Political Tools on Early Maps of the Americas".*

It should be an interesting talk with lots of visuals so let’s give her
a good turn out.

Also *on Wednesday October 17^th * at 5.00 *SHARP* we have a tour booked
at the City of Toronto Archives 255 Spadina Road (north of Dupont).
Archive staff will give a tour of the facility and exhibit of some of
their cartographic holdings.

As the Archives are normally closed at this time to the general public,
we have been requested to submit a list of registered attendees and to
arrive at the archives no later than *4.50 pm*. I will be sending out a
reminder at the beginning of October.

Anyone wishing to attend this meeting is requested to email me at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> to register your name. We
will need your name and & telephone number in order to register your
attendance. It’s first come first serve so don’t leave it to the last
moment!

Megan Webster