From:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:47:53 -0500
Subject:        Detailed map needed: central Sicily
Date:   Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:46:47 -0400
From:   Michael Fry <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hi,
I'm (sort of urgently) looking for maps that depict the boundaries of
Enna, a "comune" (i.e., parish/municipality?) within the Sicilian
province of Enna. What I'm most interested in seeing depicted in some
detail is the exclave to the west of Enna comune's primary territory.
The exclave is shown as a little "island" on the left side of this map:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_comune_of_Enna_%28province_of_Enna,_region_Sicily,_Italy%29.svg).

I suspect I'd need 1:50,000 or larger to see admin divisions at this
level, but I have neither Italian topos from the Istituto Geografico
Militare nor any relevant AMS/GSGS maps. (GSGS 4229 and 4228 might do
the trick, but Berkeley's AMS map indexes seem to be offline, so I'm not
sure what sheets are relevant or if they're even available.) I don't
read Italian, so navigating regional/local Italian government sites
(e.g., Enna province's) hasn't been productive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
mf
--