From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:19:31 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Re: MAPS-L: Power Grid maps
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005
From: Michael Fry <[log in to unmask]>
to: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

> I have a patron who is looking for power grid maps for SC, TN, GA, and KY.

Colin,

We have several series of maps published by the Federal Power Commission
and, later, the DOE's Energy Information Administration in '48, '55,
'57, '77, '78 under the titles "Principal Electric Utility Generating
Stations and Transmission Lines" and "Principal Electric Facilities."  I
don't know how regularly they were published outside of what we have,
but there are sheets dedicated to the states your patron's interested
in. If you'd like b&w copies, let me know.

For more recent maps and/or data sets, you might have to check the DOE,
state utility commissions and/or power industry organizations,
associations, etc. (Note the following from DOE:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/reps/states/maps/contents.html)

Hope this helps.

mf
--