From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:36:57 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:48:05 EDT
From: Joan Zeeb-Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Kramer Hammock
Sender: Joan Zeeb-Roman <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

I have a patron who is looking for the coordinates of a
formerly privately-owned park area (formerly named
Kramer, or Kramer's? Hammock).  It was at the end of a
road southward off of  the Tamiami Trail (the east central
part).  Kramer Hammock was the name of it in the
1960's, but today it is owned by the Federal Government
(NPS).  It was about 50 acres (he thinks) and was a
campground and picnic area.  He thinks that the Shark
Valley Lookout Tower area of today in the Everglades
could be the same area that was formerly known as
Kramer Hammock, but is not sure.  We looked at the
Shark Valley Lookout Tower, FL 7.5 minute map  (1972
edition) and found the Shark Valley Lookout Tower
Hammock.  Does anyone know if the Shark Valley
Lookout Tower area was formerly known as Kramer
Hammock?  Or does anyone have any old Florida maps
that show Kramer Hammock?  He remembers seeing
Kramer Hammock on an old Shell road map.  Thanks in
advance.

Joan Zeeb-Roman

Joan R. Zeeb-Roman
Map Library