From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:50:54 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Re: MAPS-L: Maps in Current Newspapers
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005
From: David J. Bertuca <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

I've been looking at this problem as well. for now, I have been making an
informal index of my own to "re-find" these types of maps. Of course it is
limited to those maps that I discover or that are directed by colleagues to
me.

A 2nd method is to keep a thumbnail of the image (print out or .gif/jpg
file) with citation info.

the online maps are both easier and harder than ones in print. easier if
they stay put, but news companies don't always keep things around or
available. And we get asked this type of question all the time and have to
go hunting again.

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian

David J. Bertuca

--On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:10 PM -0500 "Angie Cope, AGSL"