From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:10:15 -0500
Mesmerizing Iceland Map Puts a Volcano in Your Pocket

Iceland’s interesting topography can be seen beautifully on this map
made up of elevation contours, or isolines. The country’s name brings
bright white ice and cold blues to mind, but I think the brilliant reds
in this map (the deep reds are the lowest elevations, the bright yellows
are highest) better represent the intensely volcanic nature of Iceland.
I fell in love with this map the first time I saw it — it was on a list
of awesome maps the guys at CartoDB sent me to show the great stuff
their platform can do.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/09/iceland-map/

Angie