From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:59:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Maps-L is on Facebook
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:23:08 -0400
From: Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

On 6/14/2011 3:19 PM, Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library,
UW Milwaukee wrote:
> I only notice the marketing when it is
> actually interesting to me. 98% of the time it's just a reflex to
> ignore it.

Just for the record, a good part of the issue is not what you notice or
what may interest you, i.e. just the visual advertising. It is what is
being gathered about you and your "friends" behind the scenes. Why do
you think the company has such a high monetary valuation, or is expected
to be a blockbuster IPO?

Thanks to everyone for their current and future remarks.

            Joel Kovarsky