From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:33:41 -0500
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Linda R Zellmer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:52:16 PM
Subject: 40 maps that explain the World

Hello,

If you haven't seen it, there is an article from yesterday's Washington post with the above title. The introduction states:

"Maps can be a remarkably powerful tool for understanding the world and how it works, but they show only what you ask them to. So when we saw a post sweeping the Web titled “40 maps they didn’t teach you in school,” one of which happens to be a WorldViews original, I thought we might be able to contribute our own collection. Some of these are pretty nerdy, but I think they’re no less fascinating and easily understandable. A majority are original to this blog (see our full maps coverage here), with others from a variety of sources. I’ve included a link for further reading on close to every one."

Thought that others might find it of interest. Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian