From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary McInroy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:31:23 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:17:10 -0500
From: Mary McInroy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: MAGERT reception in Philadelphia--where?
Sender: Mary McInroy <[log in to unmask]>

This is a call to those of you who know something about hotel meeting space
in Philadelphia.

As Chair of MAGERT, one of my duties is to determine a meeting place for
the MAGERT mid-winter reception, which will be held Friday evening, January
24, 2003.   Right now, ALA has a "hold" on the ALA-designated conference
hotels for Friday night and will not be releasing this hold until later (no
definite time).  So I can't find an ALA hotel willing to commit to this event.

I would like to go ahead and schedule our reception if possible, perhaps at
a non-ALA hotel.  Anyone know of neat little hotel or restaurant that would
be a good, central place to meet that night?   My knowledge of Philadelphia
is very minimal, so any advice on good places for a food/drink reception
(for approx. 40 people) would be much appreciated.  The ALA hotels, i.e.,
the ones currently off-limits, are listed on the ALA web site
(http://www.ala.org/events/midwinter2003/hotelrates.html) and in the latest
American Libraries.
Thank you very much--and I hope to see a number of you in Philadelphia for
ALA mid-winter.
Mary McInroy

Mary McInroy
Government Publications Department