From:
Christopher Baruth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 14:09:19 EST

              CURRENT GEOGRAPHICAL PUBLICATIONS WEBSITE

This is to announce that CURRENT GEOGRAPHICAL PUBLICATIONS (CGP), the
bibliographic journal established in 1938 by the American Geographical
Society and presently published by the American Geographical Society
Collection, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, has established a WWW
site which will provide a hypertext version of the current issue of the
journal.  It is anticipated that the site will be updated monthly
(except July and August), approximately at mid month.  The January 1996
issue is currently available.

The URL is:

                http://leardo.lib.uwm.edu/cgp/cgp.html

Current Geographical Publications consists of the following sections:

        --A list of the periodicals analyzed in the current issue.

        --The Topical Section.  A listing of citations of articles and
          books arranged in HIERARCHIAL order.

        --The Regional Section. A listing of citations of articles and
          books arranged in REGIONAL order.

        --The Maps Section.  A listing of new cartographic resources,
          largely maps appearing in books and periodicals, arranged
          geographically.

        --The Books and Monographs Section.  A listing of new books and
          monographs arranged alphabetically by author.  These citations
          also appear in the Topical and, if appropriate, the Regional
          sections.

It is the aim of CGP to be the most comprehensive international
bibliography in the field of geography, and it contains well over 6000
individual bibliographic entries annually.  It is our intent to
eventually provide worldwide electronic access to our entire machine-
readable data base, which constitutes over ten years of entries into the
Research Catalogue of the American Geographical Society Collection.

We would be interested in receiving your comments.  Please send them to
[log in to unmask]  Thanks you.

Christopher Baruth
AGS Collection