From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia R. Hetrick
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 14:39:37 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 21:21:37 -0700
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Tom's .gif file
Sender: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

The size of the file seems to be about right.

One of the things I've found about any version of Corel Draw is that
they are VERY particular that the .gif file format should be 89a, even
if the picture is b/w.  I've done something stupid like typing in the
full file name when I exported a picture from Corel Draw and failing to
change the file type characteristic in the file drop down at the
bottom.  I don't know whether IMDISP does the same kind of thing or not,
but it might be something to check.

The other thing you might do is get WINJPEG (I think the latest version
is something like 2.87).  It's pretty forgiving of image formats and,
contrary to its name, will take in lots of different formats and also
spit them out.  If I've done the dumb thing I mentioned in the previous
paragraph and don't know quite what I've done, I suck the picture into
WINJPEG and then "resave" it as whatever I wanted it to be in real life.

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766