From:
Craig Best <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:34:48 EDT

I was under the impression that the CDs we provided to the states for
a program related to Voting Districits was the 95 TIGER although not
formally called that.  The future TIGER releases will have some
changes to the structure to get away from 80-90 geography and
incorporate 90-00 geography.  We are also working on a program to
update streets and address range information for 2000.  These updates
have occured in counties but our primary focus now is with the top
200 counties and updates received from local official.

I have a PDF copy of the 1995 documentation if you're interested.

At 09:49 AM 7/16/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>Regarding the TIGER95.....  We've been informed by the Geography
>folks at the Census Bureau that there *will* be a TIGER95
>released in September of this year.  This information came in
>response to queries we submitted as we converted the TIGER94 data
>to another format.
>
>At this time, I do not know whether the new edition is expected
>to be distributed to Depository libraries.  Now, were we given
>any information on the data itself (e.g., a total revision, or
>corrections only).
>
>Denise Stephens
>Geographic Information Coordinator
>University of Virginia Library
>804/928-2652

Craig Best                     ==|==||||==|    There is no such thing as an
Supervisory Geographer         | |--------|    unredeemingly bad batch of
US Bureau of the Census     ===| |        |    homemade ice cream!
Kansas City Regional Office      |________|                 - Ben and Jerry