From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:46:57 -0500
Subject:        Looking for GIS layers for Chile - Commune boundaries
Date:   Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     Air Photo Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

All,

I am working with a graduate student who is looking for GIS Data of Chile that contains Commune boundaries. (Specifically Araucania Region, Malleio Province, Longuimay Commune).  Does anyone have leads on sources?  He is contact the Chilean Government.

I see that EastView has detailed paper topographic maps of the area and 1:200,000 scale scans of paper.  However, we were hoping to find vector data.

Any leads will be appreciated.

Kathy Stroud, Map/GIS Librarian
Biological/Agricultural Sciences and Map Services, Shields Library
100 NW Quad Ave.
Davis, CA 95616-5292
530-752-5248