From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:28:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: mapinfo v esri, and fraud detection]]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:01:53 -0400
From: Stephen R Baig <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Paige Andrew wrote:

> ------------------
> Gene,

> Also, if I may take a moment to let you know, as co-editor
> of a new journal, that I found your question about using GIS
> for fraud detection in government to be very interesting. So
> it follows that I ask, would you be interested in writing an
> article based on any results that you receive about this
> question on this particular topic and have it published in
> the Journal of Map and Geography Libraries in the near
> future?

Those interested in this topic could look at a programme called
"CrimeStat", prepared by Ned Levine & Associates, Annandale, VA, for the
National Institute of Justice, Washington, DC.  August, 1999.

The manual describes the programme as "A spatial Statistics Program for
the Analysis of Crime Incident Locations".  The price is/was right  --
free, for version 1.0 .

Best regards,

Stephen Baig
National Hurricane Center, Miami, FL.