Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:50:52 -0500
Subject:        Early Cambridge and Boston atlases
Date:   Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:49:56 -0400
From:   David Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum
<[log in to unmask]>, Discussion group for map history

Colleagues -

The Harvard Map Collection is pleased to announce a digital imaging
project involving its early land ownership and fire insurance atlases
for Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts. These titles can be searched in
the Hollis online library catalog under Bromley, Hopkins, or Sanborn and
may also be found by searching in Hollis the following title: Harvard
Map Collection digital maps. This will result in a geographic list of
all of our digitally imaged titles and some that are currently in process.

Currently, Cambridge is represented by the following years: 1873, 1885,
1894, 1990, and 1903 with additional years in process. Boston is
represented by 1873 and 1902. The advantage of searching the "...
digital maps" title is that you are also able to discover the additional
digital maps available as well as the atlases. The atlases are served
using our Page Delivery System which allows you to browse through the
atlas, change page size, and zoom in and out. We hope that this provides
an improved access to these valuable and significant materials as well
as caring for their future preservation. We look forward to comments and
suggestions that anyone may have.

David Cobb

--
David A. Cobb