From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:44:16 EST
2 messages.----------------------------Johnnie

>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:20:27 -0700 (MST)
>From: Ronald Whistance-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: please recommend an atlas

Dear Marilee,
For reference purposes I believe there are two absolute musts for the atlas
cabinet: Rand McNally International Atlas of the World, and the Times Atlas
of the World, in paper.  There are also a number of CD-ROM atlases you could
consider but I believe the two best are Axion 3D Atlas and Encarta 97 World
Atlas.  In both paper and electronic form I have mentioned two because in
each field the "authors" have taken different approaches.  The result is
complementary information and usefullness.

Ron

At 01:42 PM 1/15/98 EST, you wrote:
>Our Science Librarian is looking to purchase two atlas' for reference.
>The first type he is looking for is a general World atlas.  The second
>type of atlas is of North America.  If you have a favorite atlas and are
>willing to tell us about it, we'd like to hear from you at the following
>address.

>Thanks
>
>Marilee

Ron Whistance-Smith
14520 84th Ave. NW
Edmonton, AB
Canada   T5R 3X2
FAX: (403) 483-5858                   email: [log in to unmask]

>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:27:58 +0000
>From: Darius Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: please recommend an atlas

Marilee, I think this would be of interest to several of us out here in
Cyberland... it certainly would be to me. I wonder would you mind please
posting a summary of any received suggestions? Thanks!

Darius Bartlett
Darius Bartlett                                             Darius Bartlett
Department of Geography                              Roinn na Tireolaiochta
University College Cork                      Colaste na hOllscoile Corcaigh
Cork, Ireland                                                Corcaigh, Eire

Phone: (+353) 21 902835                               Fax: (+353) 21 271980
Mobile (in Ireland): 086 8238043    Mobile (from abroad): (+353) 86 8238043
E-mail: [log in to unmask]       Web URL: http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/depts/geography/djb
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons....