From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:25:45 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 15:56:11 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: USGS Library temporarily closing

The U.S.G.S. Library in Reston, Virginia, is moving and will close at
4:00 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, September 11, 1998.  We expect to
reopen at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Monday, November 16, 1998
 however, the reopening date is subject to change.  Our new location
will be room 1D-100, next to the auditorium.  Phone numbers, address,
etc. will remain the same.  Check our Web site at
http://www.usgs.gov/library  for updates and other information.

No service will be available from the Reston Library during the move.
 However, materials borrowed on interlibrary loan should be returned
via mail by their due date.  For service contact one of the three
U.S.G.S. Libraries below or another library that may be able to help
you.

U.S.G.S. Library - Denver
Box 25046, MS-914
Denver, CO 80225-0046

Reference Desk:         (303)236-1000
Fax:                    (303)236-0015
TTY:                    (303)236-0998
E-mail:         [log in to unmask]

U.S.G.S. Library - Flagstaff
MS-9270
2255 N. Gemini Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ  86002-1698

Reference Desk: (520) 556-7272
Fax:                    (520) 556-7156
E-mail:                 [log in to unmask]

U.S.G.S. Library - Menlo Park
Mail Stop 955
345 Middlefield Road
Menlo Park, CA  94025-3591

Reference Desk: (650) 329-5027
TTY:                    (650) 329-5094
Fax:                    (650) 329-5132
E-mail:         [log in to unmask]

We regret any inconvenience that the move and closure may cause.  We
feel the disruption will be worth it.  The new library will bring all
of the different library collections into one contiguous space,
making it a lot easier to access and use them and make for a more
efficient operation.

Edward H. Liszewski
Chief Librarian

pae ww8;