From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:22:46 -0400
Subject: Book & atlas suggestions
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:09:48 -0700
From: Rothal, Jeff USA <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I am fairly new in the field of map librarianship, and I have a limited
budget (less than $1000) to spend on map-related books/atlases.  Do any
of you have suggestions on recent (2003 or 2004) publications that are
worth purchasing (particularly books about map librarianship, atlases or
geography of current regions of conflict, books about digital map
systems, great new world atlases, etc.).

Also, are there a select number of publishers whose web sites/catalogs
you usually search for these types of materials?

Thanks!

Jeff Rothal
Research Assistance & Instruction Librarian
Naval Postgraduate School
Dudley Knox Library (Code 013)
411 Dyer Road
Monterey CA 93943 U.S.A.