From:
"Philip P. Rufe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:42:06 EDT
Forwarded to:      sswgate@nmdserver6@servers[usgs.openaddr]
          cc:
Comments by:       Philip P. Rufe@pcm@hqpo
Comments:

NY State was also contracted in 1994 under the National Aerial Photography
Program. Imagery for much of the state was collected last year. The balance
should be collected this Spring.

NAPP photography has a nominal 1:40000 scale. It is flown at an altitude of
20,000 feet with a six inch focal length camera. Information on acquiring
government owned aerial photography can be obtained from any USGS Earth
Science Information Center (ESIC) or by calling 1-800-USA-MAPS.

You can also obtain a listing of all photography available for a given area
by completing an Inquiry Form for a Geographic Search For Aircraft Data.
These are also available from any ESIC. These forms and orders for
photography are processed at the USGS EROS Data Center in Sioux Falls, South
Dakota. Information for EROS is as follows:

  U.S. Geological Survey
  EROS Data Center
  Sioux Falls SD 57198
  (605) 594-6151
  fax (605) 594-6589
  internet [log in to unmask]

I'm happy to answer any questions, etc.

Philip P. Rufe
Cartographer
National Aerial Photography Program
U.S. Geological Survey
(703) 648 - 4791
"Opinions expressed our my own and not those of the U.S. Government