Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:52:38 -0500
Subject:        Re: Maps 1, 3, 5 of Kyoto Planning Summit (ACTUALLY THEY ARE
TOPO MAPS)
Date:   Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:52:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:   Charles E Malone <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum Maps <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     [log in to unmask]

Hi all,

I've been able to finally talk to the user and figure out what is going
on.  What the user found in our map drawers were four topographical maps
out of seven, that made up a set of seven for the city of Kyoto, Japan.
They are 1-10,000 topos, with everything in Japanese.  About the only
things we can make out in English are 1-10,000,  and 1 of 7, 2 of 7,
etc.  We are missing maps 1,3,5.   We don't have a year or anything like
that, unless we can find a Japanese student to interpret for us.

And from many years ago when our map collection was the property of the
Geography Department (these maps are stamped as such), someone wrote in
pen on each map, "Kyoto Planning Map"  and that is how the idea of the
Koyoto Planning Summit maps came up.  But they are definitely topo maps,
and have nothing to do with the envoromental summit at Kyoto ten years ago.

The topo maps we have do a very good job of identifying shrines withing
the city - and that is the type of  project the user is working on,
urban shrines

So does anyone have access to a set of topographical maps for the city
of Kyoto, Japan, that they could provide access to us, or know how one
would obtain such a set through a vendor?

Thanks,

Chuck

--
Charles E. Malone, Coordinator