From:
"Jim Walsh." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1993 12:09:07 EDT
This message is be cross posted on multiple lists.  Please excuse the
duplication.

        The preservation packet, which was a project of the RBMS/GODORT/
MAGERT Joint Committee on Government Documents as Rare Books, was placed
in depository libraries' shipment boxes on May 19, 1993.  So, depending
on the % of item numbers that your library selects, you should have
received or will be receiving soon, the preservation packet in a
depository shipment.

        Special thanks to Wayne Kelley, Sheila McGarr and all of the GPO
folks in distribution for making this delivery option a reality.

        Some people have contacted me already and have received the
packet.  I am the person to contact if your depository library does
not receive a copy.  You can contact me at the address or numbers listed
below.

        Only one copy was sent to each depository library.  So, if your
map collection and documents collections are separate departments, talk
to each other and make copies.

        As I mentioned in an earlier note, the packet will be available
through ERIC sometime this fall.  As soon as I learn the ED number of the
packet, I will post it to the list.

        Thanks for your patience.  I hope that you find the preservation
packet a useful resource for your library and a vehicle to initiate
discussion regarding preservation, rare books, and government documents.

Jim Walsh
O'Neill Library
Boston College
Chestnut Hill, MA  02167