From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:09:34 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:40:43 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
From: mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Digitizing Sanborn, Hopkins, et al <fwd>
Sender: mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

We've digitized a couple of Sanborn atlases in our Special
Collections, choosing carefully among those that predate 1922 to
avoid copyright concerns.  Right now, we have only the 1920 maps of
Charlottesville, Virginia up, but are planning to add in
1907/Charlottesville later in the spring. Other holdings in
Special Collections that are out of copyright are sparse and in
rural Virginia.

At this time these are served only in differently sized jpegs.  I'm
hoping to find some time in the break to get our MrSID scripts
working with these. We've made use of the street and building
indexes and corrected them.  There are also some help pages:

http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/sanborn

mike furlough

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:07:46 -0500 Johnnie Sutherland
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

Mike Furlough
Geospatial and Statistical Data Center
University of Virginia Library