From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:04:25 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:33:10 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: deaccessioning of national topographic map collections
<fwd>
Sender: [log in to unmask]

The University of New Mexico is a regional depository, but the policy in
the map collection had been to keep older editions of New Mexico topos
only. I'm not sure why that policy had been established but we changed that
several years ago and now keep all editions for all 50 states. So far space
is not a problem and we do have a storage area if it ever does.

We are slowly, very slowly, getting our maps cataloged.

Mary

Mary Wyant
Map and Geographic Information Center
Centennial Science and Engineering Library
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131

--On Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:51 PM -0400 Johnnie Sutherland