From:
J Fieber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1993 10:17:14 EST
> Info on how to get copy of xloadimage, please?

Errr.  Now that I actually think about it, I'm not sure which
image display software gave the best results.  Was it xloadimage,
or was it xli which is based on xloadimage, or was it
ImageMagick?  Any of them should give better performance than xv
with the USGS DOQ's though.  They should run on any respectable
unix machine that supports the X-window system.

The source code for all three can be had via anonymous ftp from
ftp.x.org in the /contrib directory.  If your system is set up
properly, they should compile without a hitch.  (If you have a
sun sparcstation, I might be able to provide some binaries.)

-john