From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:23:34 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:14:24 -0500
From: Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: apology to the my colleague and to the list!
Sender: Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
To: "MAPS-L (E-mail)" <[log in to unmask]>

I have been e-mailing long enough to have known better than to forward a
message without asking permission first. But I did it yesterday. Our
well-trained professional conservator is expert in removing rare maps in
our collection from their covers, and that was the intent of her advice
to Kimberly. As April Carlucci points out, this technique is not to be
attempted by the novice, and I should not have sent Ramona's reply to
the entire list. Very humbly yours, E

--
Ellen Crosby, Head of Cataloging
Indiana Historical Society Library