From:
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:51:53 -0400
Subject: Flat Files for the Brooklyn Navy Yard Archives
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:04:57 -0400
From: Daniella Romano <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
We have created a new archive here at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.  All of
the roughly 30, 000 plans and drawings have been unrolled and
flattened,  and are now housed in folders which are handsomely stacked
all around the archives room.  We are in dire need of flat files for
oversized documents (at least 36x48, if there is not a larger standard
size) but as yet have little or no budget for equipment.   Please keep
us in mind when disposing of your own flat files or if you hear that
some might become available.  We would be interested in purchasing new
flat files if they are offered at a generous discount.  Please note
that the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation is a non-profit
corporation,  so donations of flat files are tax deductible.

Thanks & regards,
Daniella Romano
Archivist
Brooklyn Navy Yard Archives