Date:
Tue, 25 May 1993 14:47:42 EDT
Morning All,

With reference to Map Cataloguing Systems, may I draw your attention
to a masters thesis by Lisa Recupero from the University of North
Carolina Chapel Hill

Evaluation of Programs for the Storage and Retrieval of Cartographic Data.
A Masters Paper for the M.S. in L.S. degree.
July 1992.
Products evaluated were GEODEX, ProCite, GEOINDEX and PC CARTONET.

At this juncture I must point out that I am currently Technical
Support for CARTONET.

PC CARTONET was judged to be the "program best suited for the needs of
cartographic data". However Geodex was recommended as the cost
effective option.

As a result of this there has been a re-evaluation of the pricing
policy, with especial regard to academic map libraries.

Gavin Park
Computer Officer
University of Edinburgh         [log in to unmask]
Department of Geography