From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:38:33 -0500
Subject:        tenure track position in GIS at Calif State Univ Long Beach
Date:   Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:01:41 -0700
From:   Christine M. Rodrigue, Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum
<[log in to unmask]>, Christine M. Rodrigue, Ph.D.

The Department of Geography at California State University Long Beach is
searching for a tenure-track assistant professor in GIScience and
geovisualization, with a research specialization in urban applications
of GIS, broadly interpreted.  Ours is a growing, energetic, and
collaborative department, which has long emphasized the geospatial
techniques, including cartography, GIS, remote sensing, and
statistics/geostatistics.  We are very keen to augment this strength
with a person interested in data visualization and cartography,
interactive and web mapping, map design, and spatial cognition, whose
work involves, ideally, the urban context of our Greater Los Angeles
Area setting (e.g., emergency response and disaster preparation, land
use planning, housing, transportation, and/or migration).  We are
hopeful that we can bring in someone with an active interest in
cartographic design/cognition and integration of GIS and remote sensing
with interactive media.

The position description is at
http://www.csulb.edu/geography/GIScience.html .  To learn more about our
department, please visit http://www.csulb.edu/geography/ , and you are
welcome to contact us by telephone if you have questions, at 1 (562)
985-4977 or 2357.
We invite your application or sharing this announcement with promising
candidates.  Our screening will begin on or shortly after the 10th of
October.

Chrys Rodrigue, Professor, "Geography @ The Beach"