From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Will Olmstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:50:06 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 19:37:01 -0500
From: Will Olmstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call for Column
Sender: Will Olmstadt <[log in to unmask]>

MAPS-L members,

I am currently chair-elect of the Public Health and Health Administration
section of the Medical Library Association.  I also edit the Geographic
Information Systems column for the section newsletter.

I'm soliciting a brief column for the upcoming summer newsletter.  I had a
contributor lined up, but she backed out this morning, facing other
deadlines.  Please note you do not have to be a librarian, work in a
traditional "library" setting, or be a member of the section to write for
us.  Have you been involved in any projects to map health or healthcare data
of any sort?  Are you teaching GIS in an innovative way or to a
non-traditional audience?  Those are only sample topics.

The section newsletter is published electronically at
http://www.phha.mlanet.org/phhanews.html.  See the most recent issue to get
an idea of the tone and length - they are brief and quite informal.  This is
not a peer-reviewed publication nor will compensation be provided.

Please respond directly to me at [log in to unmask]  The deadline would be no
later than Monday, July 15.  If you are interested in sharing your projects
or knowledge with a group comprised of a broad diversity of professionals,
including health sciences librarians, state health agents, and officials at
the National Library of Medicine, then I would be glad to hear from you.

=========
Will Olmstadt
Librarian & Outreach Coordinator
Medical Sciences Library, Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-4462
Voice:  979-845-7499
FAX: 979-845-2610
e-mail: [log in to unmask]