From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sami K. AL-Herz
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:55:32 -0400
  Dear __________,

   We are in a cartographic group in Saudi Aramco dealing with different
kinds of maps from planimetric to topographic maps at different scales.  At
present, we are using Microstation  with its GIS application program MGE.
We are planning to utilize the capability of ESRI product softwares in order
for us to further increase the efficiency of the group.

   We would like to seek your advice on how we can automate map production
from scale 1:1000 to 1:4000000 extracting from our database being managed by
MGE using ESRI product softwares.  We believed that ESRI  is capable of
customizing maps automatically by applying cartographic methods such as
generalization, patterning, symbolization, etc. from large scale to small
scale.

  We would appreciate it very much if you can enlighten us on this matter.
Thank you very much in advance.

  Sami K. AL-Herz,Segment Leader

  Surveying Services Division

  DHA,LIP, Bldg.3114 Rm C-16