From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Soares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:10:01 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:24:08 -0700
From: Richard Soares <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: Soil Maps <fwd>
Sender: Richard Soares <[log in to unmask]>

David,  Yes!  Preserve them.  I have encapsulated some of ours but only a
small part of them.
I have also created an index to the early soil maps of the West, i.e. to
1940, which was to be published by WAML and may still be published but
perhaps only on  the internet.  These maps are very useful for cultural
info, not just soil.  Some cover areas that were not yet mapped by the USGS.
I sometimes use them for genealogy questions, land/road dispute questions,
etc.
Rich

>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:09:55 -0500
>From: Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Soil Maps <fwd>
>Sender: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>Approved-by: Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

Richard E. Soares
Geology/Geography/Map Librarian
2420 HBLL