From:
Ellie Briscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:48:04 EST
This posting has all the information that was in the first message, so I have
sent to the list only this message.----------Johnnie

Form: Memo
Text: (20 lines follow)
[Sorry for the double posting; I forgot to mention that I am
not a subscriber to this list, so please reply directly to me.
Thanks VERY much!-- ellie]

I am trying to locate a parody map of the world, published in the
National Lampoon sometime in the 1970s. The map had the
shapes of the continents correct, but all the names were twisted;
the mountain chain in South America was labeled "Andys Granatelli,"
 for example. I need only a citation,
 as I can go to the Library of Congress to obtain a copy. I have
checked an index to the magazine, which covers 1970-1974,
and did not locate it.  Before I sit down and go through
1975-1982 page by page, I was hoping someone else
who is map-oriented might have the information I need.
Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Ellie Briscoe
Attachment Count: 0