From:
"P. Andrew Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 17:25:50 EST
Tim...

There is a very interesting article in the Professional Geographer, vol.
47, no. 3, August 1995.  It is a three part article that deals with
employment prospects for geography graduates, both in academia and the
corporate world.  I found it fascinating reading, for soon I will be in the
same position that your students are currently in.  I believe this article
should be required reading for anyone planning on making a career in
geography.

Part 1 of the article deals with Enrollment and Degree Patterns.  Part 2
deals with Current Employment Conditions, and Part 3 deals with Future
Employment Conditions.  I won't bother to summarize the three parts, as
they really should be read in their entirety.  Good luck to you and your
grads.

P. Andrew Ray
Department of Geography
University of Western Ontario